This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. The only complaint I have about the IFE is the number of ads that are shown when you select something to watch, a couple of minutes are just advertising which can get quite repetitive – especially watching TV shows that are around 20 minutes in length. This was the first experience for me with the new seats in Cathay Pacific Airways's B777-300ER. Honestly, I think the seat are no difference with the old seats in terms of comfortability, but there are some small changes that I think was quite nice, for example the tablet holder on the tray table, leather cover over the armrest. The Cabin. If I didn’t have any sleep, I would have felt destroyed as I was continuing onto Amsterdam and that flight was departing Hong Kong just before midnight. 2020-02-03: 4.5 of 5. You’re entitled to your opinion, it was your choice to read . Upgrading to Business Class is about an extra $4000. It is fairly small, with only 34 seats. Air New Zealand. Virgin Atlantic. Cathay Pacific recently changed the configuration in economy from 182 seats in economy to 201 - the 19 extra seats really change the comfort of the cabin! In the 2019 Skytrax awards, Virgin Atlantic, Singapore Airlines and Air New Zealand were named the world’s top three premium economy airlines. How much would you value the miles needed ($AUD) for say a return flight to Europe from Sydney, versus buying an actual business class ticket? Smaller drinks table on board Cathay Pacific premium economy. An upgrade to Cathay Pacific Premium Economy is approximately $1200 more. I decided that there is nothing like Business Class and it is worth it using miles or points. Including a hot meal, a fresh fruit selection and ice cream for dessert. Cathay Pacific: Premium Economy - See 16,323 traveler reviews, 7,786 candid photos, and great deals for Cathay Pacific, at Tripadvisor. Hi Zac, great review and matches most others we’ve read. As always the StudioCX is filled with hundreds of hours on entertainment. For example, Cathay Pacific offered a two-day exclusive offer where customers could avail a discount of Rs. There’s a large tray table, and a smaller cocktail table when you don’t need the bigger one. In 2015, I flew Business Class for the first time from LAX to Bali on EVA. Cathay Pacific launched their new Premium Economy cabin in the middle of 2012, and it’s now available on almost all of Cathay’s Australia to Hong Kong flights, and along with their new Business Cabin, is being rolled out across all of their long haul routes.It creates a great new option for those wishing to redeem their Qantas points in Premium cabins for a bit more space and improved … 20. Cathay’s customer service attitude and its business ethic during the COVID crisis are appalling. Cathay Pacific; Search “Premium Economy” Review of Cathay Pacific. Cathay Pacific A350-1000 Premium Economy review. The fact that you slept through the whole thing is pretty clear, no insight into mechanics of the seat, friendliness of the crew, dinner or breakfast. The meal service in premium economy was delicious and definitely a step up from economy. The Cathay Pacific Premium Economy baggage allowance is more generous for what concerns checked baggage than the regular Economy one. Just two weeks prior, I’d flown to China to test out Cathay Pacific’s new route from Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) and to uncover some fun foodie itineraries in Asia. For the connoisseurs, picking a long haul flight isn’t just about the airline, or the seat – it’s about the actual plane as well. Paper cup size is better than JAL gargle size cup for their coffee which is disgusting, felt like they took it out of the bathroom and put coffee on it. You also get more Marco Polo Club points and Asia Miles. It feel about the same as Economy or just a bit better. Price difference: Premium economy fares on the airline’s new flights from Auckland to Chicago start at $3,669, while economy fares cost $1,352. Food is OK, but really there is little to differentiate this flight with a … Points From The Pacific is a blog that posts about the latest airline news, insights, reviews and guides to help travellers use their points to travel in first and business class. Cathay Pacific carry on rules, however, are the same in Economy and in Premium Economy. They coldly kicked a heavily pregnant woman out of the flight with no alternative remedy and separated her from her disabled mother without taking any responsibility. Charging your devices while on board is no problem with both USB and electrical plugs in the armrest. The seat itself was more comfortable than I was expecting and I found it to be well padded. 0 Helpful votes. Right now, they even have an ongoing offer wherein if you are travel before July, you get discounts on a range of popular attractions and more . Premium Economy Class. Qantas … So if you are looking for more travel perks and a more premium experience at an affordable rate, Cathay Pacific Premium Economy is the way to go. The extra leg room, width of the seat and the extra room to recline your seat make a huge difference. Review of Cathay Pacific Premium Economy B777-300 Hong Kong – Mumbai. Food is OK, but really there is little to differentiate this flight … After flying premium on Cathay, I’d love to see how Singapore’s product compares as I think it would make for a good comparison and there looks to be quite a few major differences. Sep 20, 2017. And after about seven and a half hours in the air, it was time to start our approach into Hong Kong. The crew were also friendly and was making sure all the passengers were enjoying their flight, I’ve honestly never had a bad cabin crew experience on Cathay and hope that continues. The way back with the Cathay Pacific Premium Economy Class. Premium Economy. Hi Steve, thank you for the kind words :). . The flight from Seattle to Hong Kong is 6,500 miles and about 13:40 in duration (there’s a 15-hour time … Secondly the leg from hk to ccu was Cathay dragon, the air hostess was so lazy that inspite of asking for water for 4-5 times I still did not get it. Review: Updated Comfort In Cathay Pacific A350-900 Business Class by Gilbert Ott May 3, 2019 September 8, 2020. The Premium Economy cabin on the Cathay Pacific A350-1000 can be found between the Economy and Business class cabins. On my recent trip to Europe, I decided I’d swap out a business redemption and see how their premium economy stacks up. The smaller drinks table is also great if you don’t want to use the bigger table or need more space. Austrian Airlines. The service provided by Cathay Pacific was amazing as always, complete with a welcome drink and snack on arrival. Hi Harrison, I did indeed use miles bought from the current promotion. A founding member of the oneworld alliance, Cathay Pacific is currently the world's fifth largest airline and it flies to over 190 destinations across Asia, Oceania, Europe, Africa and North America. British Airways. Now flying 200,000+ miles per year and blogging about luxury travel. Having travelled for 14 hours from Seattle to Hong Kong on a factory-fresh Boeing 777 fitted with CX premium economy (and also the new international economy seats), Australian Business Traveller can attest that these comfortable and legroom-friendly seats are definitely more … Cathay now offers WiFi on board for a small cost, set up is extremely quick and simple to understand. The menu and arrival card were also distributed to passengers. I had a pleasant experience onboard Cathay’s premium economy product and would happily fly it again, more so on a day time flight though. Cathay Pacific is an international airline based in Hong Kong that was founded in 1946. Based in Brisbane Australia. Having travelled for 14 hours from Seattle to Hong Kong on a factory-fresh Boeing 777 fitted with CX premium economy (and also the new international economy seats), Australian Business Traveller can attest that these comfortable and legroom-friendly seats are definitely more … “The flight I was on (CX156), departs Brisbane just after half-past 12 and arrives into Hong Kong at around 7:10 am the following day, and the airline uses their A350-900 for the service.” if it departs at half past 12, it therefore arrives the same day….. Air Canada. Cathay Pacific Premium Economy A350 Review Fri, 26 Apr 2019. A Cathay Pacific economy cabin ticket gives you 30kg of checked luggage. Flying Cathay Pacific: SEA-HKG, CX857, seat 15D. I’m not sure if this is normal. One of them allowed 5 lbs more for luggage but another gave nothing more. Newbie over here (with QF passes to burn! Every week I would check with Cathay if I could still get to fly - its CS told me I was fine. So, in 2017 I tried Premium Economy on 3 trips. Cathay’s A350-1000 premium economy service from Singapore to Hong Kong is a step-up from its A330-300 product. But when an elevated bonus popped up, I figured I’d try it out for at least for a year. Floor to ceiling bulkheads at either end of the cabin separate it from the rest of the aircraft. Cathay Pacific Hong Kong (HKG) – Mumbai, India (BOM) Flight number: CX663 Aircraft: Boeing 777-300 Departure: 8:10 pm (local time) Arrival 0:25 am (local time) Duration: 6h, 45min Seats: Premium Economy «Great comfort in Economy» One day … But after that experiment…I have only flown Business Class since. That’s a huge price difference between premium economy and business class. A founding member of the oneworld alliance, Cathay Pacific is currently the world's fifth largest airline and it flies to over 190 destinations across Asia, Oceania, Europe, Africa and North America. Since I already had the Chase Sapphire Reserve and Citi Prestigecard, I didn’t see much benefit in getting a third premium card. Flight Review: Cathay Pacific (777-300ER) Premium Economy From Madrid to Hong Kong Lori Zaino. Seats: Cathay Pacific’s premium economy seats have 96cm-101 (38-40 inches) of pitch, and 47-49cm (18.5-19.5in) of width. Premium Economy Enjoy greater comfort with priority boarding, spacious seats, thoughtful service and an outstanding inflight entertainment system. All Reviews; Economy; Premium Economy; Business Class; Lounges; Contact; Articles. Reviews. A Cathay Pacific Premium Economy cabin ticket gives you 35kg of checked luggage. 2. All up for a return business class trip to Europe you’re looking at 145,000 AS points which is just under 3k USD. Incredible insight! Premium Economy Class. Cathay Pacific Premium Economy Review: CX807 Chicago O’Hare to Hong Kong: HK Travel Blog says: October 18, 2019 at 6:01 am […] previously reviewed Cathay’s premium economy properly, although we have done a quick summary here and also considered whether it merits the incremental cost on regional […] The premium economy cabin on-board Cathay’s A350-900 features 28 seats which are laid out in a 2-4-2 configuration. Trip Verified | The review is to do with Cathay's customer service (CS) attitude and its business ethic during the COVID crisis. Pic: Cathay Pacific Premium Economy check-in (May 2019) The check-in at Brussels Airport had a dedicated lane for Premium Economy passengers, however it also allowed Bag Drop for all classes. https://www.airlinequality.com/airline-reviews/cathay-pacific-airways Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cathay Pacific’s new premium economy seats strike a near-perfect balance between economy and business class. Overall, the Premium Economy cabin feels quite intimate when compared to other cabins found on … Qantas Dreamliner and Cathay Pacific Premium Economy Mon, 05 Aug 2019. China Southern Airlines. Absolutely stellar reporting from your travel blog. That’s crazy, would have expected JL to be better than that. Before our aircraft tour I was of the opinion that the interim solution of a Premium Economy Class is … In general, the flight was OK, but it became clear that Cathay Pacific operate Premium Economy as Economy with a slightly larger seat. It seems like overkill to me to have a first class cabin for a flight of only a few hours. The Entertainment. Detailed review: zhaosen. Cathay has had a dedicated Premium Economy Class since 2012, providing excellent service from all major Australian ports including Cairns, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth. After a day exploring in Hong Kong it was time to head back to San Francisco. Premium Economy Enjoy greater comfort with priority boarding, spacious seats, thoughtful service and an outstanding inflight entertainment system. Seat 31 D is a standard Premium Economy seat. WiFi on board Cathay Pacific. They lied and refused to help those who are in vulnerable situations. ... Cathay Pacific Airways. Cathay Pacific Premium Economy Review: CX807 Chicago O’Hare to Hong Kong: HK Travel Blog says: October 18, 2019 at 6:01 am […] previously reviewed Cathay’s premium economy properly, although we have done a quick summary here and also considered whether it merits the … I used my Chase Sapphire Reserve Card to book the flight so I could get 3x the points for the travel purch… Awaiting at your seat, you’ll find a blanket, pillow and a set of headphones. You get 5 kg extra in Premium Economy. View Cathay Pacific round the world travel deals here, Star Alliance Los Angeles Business Class Lounge Review, Star Alliance Los Angeles First Class Lounge Review, Cathay Pacific Round the World Fare Experience. Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile . With the Centurion Lounge, Uber credits and airline-fee credits, it’s more than proven itself. Once on board the Cathay Pacific A350, you will notice the smaller size of the cabin with a 2-4-2 configuration, giving you ample room to stretch out and relax during your flight. Here’s How To Fix It, Review – Emirates A380 First Class, Sydney – Dubai, Review – Cathay Pacific A350-1000 Business Class, Hong Kong – Amsterdam, Etihad 777 First Class Review, New York – Abu Dhabi, Review – Singapore Airlines 777-200 Business Class Brisbane – Singapore. Cathay Pacific Premium Economy A351 Overhead Lockers. Jeff from Australia - May 5, 2019 A premium economy seat on the non-stop to London from Perth can cost more than $5000, while economy on the same day is just $1600 return. © Zac George Points From The Pacific 2020. An upgrade to Cathay Pacific Premium Economy is approximately $1200 more. Chris McGinnis, Jason Vaudrey, SFGATE. Hi Zac, did you buy the Alaska miles during a special offer? 3 2. Interesting, I would have thought so with the extra length – thank you for reading . 32 A: None: No Power: Seat 32 A is a standard Premium Economy … 3,900 CHF. Let me know if you ever need any assistance. Cathay Pacific, Flight 873 to Hong Kong from SFO in Premium Economy. Passengers in Premium Economy and above are supplied a glass of champagne upon boarding. Virgin Atlantic is named the world's best premium economy class airline by customers, whilst Austrian Airlines has the best premium economy class meals. Complete with complimentary noise cancelling headphones you are really able to sit back and relax during your flight. The A350-900s on this route are configured with 280 seats across three classes: 38 business-class “open suites” arranged in 1-2-1 configuration, 28 premium economy seats in 2-3-2, and 214 standard economy seats in 3-3-3.. Price difference: Premium economy fares on the airline’s new flights from Auckland to Chicago start at $3,669, while economy fares cost $1,352. 3. That’s a huge price difference between premium economy and business class. There is a wide range of cabin class options that include Economy, Premium Economy, Business and First Class. You'll find out in this Flight Review! With the meal table hidden in one armrest and a smaller drinks table in the other, it makes working or relaxing during the flight a breeze with each being able to be pulled out or put away at any time. There is also a smaller pocket under the entertainment screen but it is definitely on the smaller size, really only big enough for a book. Cathay Pacific 777 premium economy class seat. The Drinks. Flight in Premium Eco Boeing 777-300ER. As we were descending, the crew asked if I would like a snack or beverage before landing as I hadn’t eaten during the flight, so I decided to go with a coffee. World’s Best Premium Economy Class Airlines 2019 . World’s Best Premium Economy Class Airlines 2019. The seat pitch seems to make this a non-issue, but can you confirm?