A lot of sweat, joy and fun as well as 2 Olympics and 12 world champion titles on my FELT bicycle. Usually, when I go to shops for help, they say I’m between sizes and I’m 5’9″ so medium to large. It climbs well as you shift to lower gears and it is capable of 60+ miles per charge if you use the lowest assist level, Pedalec system is extremely responsive (measuring pedal torque, cadence and bicycle speed) so you rarely feel overwhelmed or out of control, Hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping power while minimizing hand fatigue, great for individuals with smaller or weaker fingers and wrists, Solid two year warranty on drivetrain, components and electronics with a lifetime warranty on the frame and a good reputation from Felt, Includes a well positioned kickstand so you don’t have to worry about leaning this up against walls or having it tip as easily, Impressive rear rack capable of holding a 25 kg (~55 lb) load, the tubing is welded directly to the frame for strength (and to reduce rattling) and it surrounds and protects the battery pack, the top tubes are standard gauge meaning they work with most clip-on panniers, Battery pack is completely removable and can be charged on or off the bike, taking it off also reduces the weight for transport, One of the heaviest models from Felt for the 2015 model year, at ~51.5 lbs (for the size 52 cm frame) it’s more than 10 pounds heavier than the SPORTe models, Somewhat rear heavy given the battery location (high over the back wheel) but the rack is very functional and this had to be done for the deep step-thru, No throttle mode available here, this is a pedalec only and requires rider pedaling input to activate the motor, Lower end plastic pedals that can slip when wet and ergo grips that don’t have lockers that can spin, also no water bottle cage bosses, consider a. Most impressed with the Intuvia display – I think it is the best one going. However, with Felt now under the ownership of the Rossignol Group (same owners as Time), the brand is transitioning to a narrower focus on performance with a commitment to road, cross, track, gravel, and triathlon. I use it every day after being away from regular cycling for 15 years, thanks Court ! 1,400 mile review of the Felt Sport-E 95s. Of course, the big upside is a much lower standover height. Exceptionally light weight ~44 lbs and stiff, available in four frame sizes for a perfect…... Step-thru version of the standard SPORTe available in two smaller sizes, delivering efficiency, stiffness and quality components for people who enjoy city and road style riding. Awesome, sounds like you’re having a blast Dave! Nice! With a focus on carbon fiber and aluminum frames Felt bikes are designed and optimized in California to deliver aerodynamics, versatility, durability, and fun. I’ll keep an eye out for this one for sure! I also purchased a trailer to haul my little Westie … as I say, this bike turns an errand into an adventure. The key is to stop pedaling when you need to stop. It lets you see overall distance, trip distance, max speed, average speed, estimated range, and time. Have fun out there and feel free to share updates as you use the VERZAe more and more :). Your email address will not be published. Learn how your comment data is processed. Neat cafe-lock for those quick “in and out” moments at the store, it uses the same key as the battery pack and the key is designed to stay locked into the cafe lock until you activate it so you always have the key! It has cut a hour out of the daily trip to and from work. There are a lot of little highlights for me with this bike but most of it is stuff that a normal mountain biker would expect… In a sense it’s just bringing that level of quality to an ebike platform and the price is comparable to a higher end build, though you might expect carbon fiber. Smaller? Reviews and ratings, comparisons, weight, specs, prices, and more. The quality is impeccable and it’s so light and runs so smoothly, I often turn off the motor on flat roads. The motor powering the VERZA-e electric bike is a 350 watt nominal Bosch Centerdrive that senses bicycle speed, rider pedal cadence and rider pedal torque. The upside of aluminum here is strength, likely required for the battery and motor system weight and force but the downside is vibration and weight. While nothing is perfect, I do have to be careful of the battery charge due to the very steep hill I live on. Hi Faunus! Are they tubeless? I’ve heard of them getting loose on some ebikes when there is a lot of bumpy riding or heavier weight involved (this is why cargo bikes often have thicker spokes and smaller wheels). Some people have suggested to me that using Loctite Blue to keep them from coming loose can help but what do you mean exactly by “throwing spokes” what happens?! Great comment, thanks for filling us in about the rear rack. Running the motor and LED lights here is a rear-rack mounted Bosch PowerPack 400. Exceptionally light weight ~44 lbs and stiff, available in four frame sizes for a perfect…... Ultra light-weight hardtail electric cross-country / mountain bike with efficient 29er wheels and premium components. I have absolutely no regrets, as I wanted a peddle assist bike durable enough for a large number of miles but that would still feel like riding a bike. no space for them). This tactic has worked with even the steepest terrain I’ve encountered. I cannot say for sure with the Felt NINEe because I don’t have it in front of me, but a shop would be able to help make an educated guess about the widest tire that would fit. For battery lifetime I hear companies quote 1,000 cycles for warranty or ~2 years, whichever comes first. I thought I didn’t want a step through but it means I can ride it wearing dresses or jeans with the guard on the chain. I’m using this to commute about 43 miles a day (round trip). In particular, the good handling of the bike and the looks stands out. It is the essential source of information and … This kind of precision sounds great on paper and it also truly delivers in practice. I have been riding this bike for six months – 3,000 kilometers – and loving it. A medium frame and an extra large frame. What differentiates them from electric motorcycles is the ability for the rider to pedal the bike at any time, so if you’re riding along and … ―Best Value Folding E-Bike― Blix Vika+ Blix. You missed that you can add a basket at the back with the black adapter that fell off in your demo. Doing this, the bike would weigh ~30 pounds depending on frame size… that’s about 5 pounds heavier than comparable aluminum alloy hardtails. It sounds like the Marathons were a great choice for pavement. Deep step-thru frame design for easy mounting, available in four sizes for excellent fit, comfortable ergonomic grips and suspension fork with lockout. Indeed, step-thru bikes can be delightful because they make riding easier. To cycle through menus there’s a button at the top right of the display marked with an i and this button is duplicated on the remote button pad at the left grip for easy access. Also, it has a walking mode button on the breakout control panel to help you push it. So I am commuting around 150 miles a week, so far it performed well, but not flawless. Other than the inevitable scratches and tire tread wearing out, I haven’t had any parts go bad on me. Good luck with the bar bag, my Mom actually just bought one on Amazon for her bike and it flops around more than I’d like… The VERZAe has a big tube so I’m wondering which ones will fit? The quality components and frame on the Felt have been truly impressive so far! Sorry I cannot be of more help, look at the tire sidewalls for a PSI rating, it may be something like 35 PSI and here’s a page which seems to have more info on it. Hi Melany! I'm going into racing soon and I have full confidence in the bike. 1,400 miles on the Felt Sport-E 95s in the past few months. Thanks again for the great reviews you do Court. The motor is so responsive (measuring torque, wheel speed and pedal cadence 1,000 times per second) that they do not include inhibitors. before buying the Felt. TECH SPECS Frame: Felt Fitness/Commuter, Shimano e Sometimes their stock photos are taken with pre-production hardware and never updated, that’s why I like to go into the field vs. reviewing at trade shows. With everything a rider needs for swift commutes, running errands, or weekend adventures, the Sport-E allows you to skip the traffic without breaking a sweat. I have put a really big basket on here to carry work stuff or a rucksack and water rather than panniers. In my experience, the rear wheel will begin to slip before the motor even gets close to giving up (as long as you’re pedaling along). They are made well, have a solid warranty and come with relaxed bars, comfort saddles and fenders, lights and racks for utility around town. These are 28 spoke wheels and I have lost a few to the point the wheels were replaced with 32 spoke WBT/DT Swiss custom built(courtesy of United Parcel Smashers). This bike seems to be a long ways ahead of where I’ve been and I’m looking forward to it! Written Review The Felt SPORTe is part road bike, part city bike. I hope it continues well and you have lots of fun rides in the future :) Felt F80 Road Bike user reviews : 3.8 out of 5 - 20 reviews. I’ll post back at the end of the year when I will have logged over 15k miles. I’m a 10 min walk from work, so this is mainly for weekend rides, going up to market, and some extended summer tours. You should be able to find one at any local Bosch ebike dealer or possibly get one mailed from a national shop if you don’t have a local dealer. It is capable and handles all terrain well. The brakes on this ebike (and most other Bosch powered models) do not have motor inhibitors built in. As you choose an assist level, the range readout estimates how far you can get with the current charge level of the battery. There’s a smart battery management system and a charging port at the end of the pack and on the side of the controller (where the battery connects to the bike frame near the saddle). For me, the bigger question is “do I want stiff performance from a SPORTe model or off-road performance from the NINEe” because both are close in price and weigh more than 10 lbs less. It felt a bit compact, but I liked that it was therefore a more upright riding position. Inside are Samsung Lithium-ion 18650 sized cells that look like oversized AA batteries. Won’t really know if it will work until I set it all up. My battery is now beginning to show some weakness and I was wondering if the newer Bosch 500 wh battery could be installed on this bike? Its complicated to mount a front basket on this bike, due to the electronic screen … so far, that’s my only “problem” with this amazing bike :), Nice! Hope this helps and keeps your bike one the road! I’m hoping to review more Felt ebikes this coming year :). The most important parts are your speed, battery charge level and assist level. Deep step-thru frame design for easy mounting, available in four sizes for excellent fit, comfortable ergonomic grips and suspension fork with lockout, Great utility features including quick release front and rear, a welded rear carry rack (capable of up to 55 lb load), full length fenders and partial chain guard, integrated LED lights and a premium cafe lock, Industry leading drive system from Bosch, responsive hydraulic disc brakes, excellent warranty... rear heavy design to accommodate deep-step with less rigid frame, Lifetime Frame, 2 Year Drivetrain and Electronics, X-Small 44 cm (Head Angle 71 mm, Seat Angle 75 mm, Top Tube Horizontal 555 mm, Head Tube Length 115 mm, Seat Tube Center to Top 440 mm, Bottom Bracket Drop 67 mm, Chain Stay 470 mm, Wheelbase 1087 mm, Standover 420 mm, Rake 41.7 mm, Reach 393 mm, Stack 605 mm), Small 48 cm (Head Angle 71 mm, Seat Angle 75 mm, Top Tube Horizontal 570 mm, Head Tube Length 115 mm, Seat Tube Center to Top 480 mm, Bottom Bracket Drop 67 mm, Chain Stay 470 mm, Wheelbase 1102 mm, Standover 420 mm, Rake 41.7 mm, Reach 408 mm, Stack 605 mm), Medium 52 cm (Head Angle 71 mm, Seat Angle 74 mm, Top Tube Horizontal 585 mm, Head Tube Length 115 mm, Seat Tube Center to Top 520 mm, Bottom Bracket Drop 67 mm, Chain Stay 470 mm, Wheelbase 1106 mm, Standover 420 mm, Rake 41.7 mm, Reach 411 mm, Stack 605 mm), Large 56 cm (Head Angle 71 mm, Seat Angle 74 mm, Top Tube Horizontal 600 mm, Head Tube Length 115 mm, Seat Tube Center to Top 560 mm, Bottom Bracket Drop 67 mm, Chain Stay 470 mm, Wheelbase 1121 mm, Standover 420 mm, Rake 41.7 mm, Reach 426 mm, Stack 605 mm), SR Suntour SF14-NCX-D DS LO CTS Suspension with 63 mm Travel, Tapered Steerer, Hydraulic Lockout, Coil Spring with Preload Adjustment, Fender Bosses, Rear Rack Mounting Plate and Bosses, Speed 1x10 Shimano Deore RD-M610-SGS Shadow: Long Cage, CS-HG 62 Cassette, 11-32T, Shimano Deore SL-M610 Rapid Fire on Right Bar, VP-615 Felt Design, Low Profile Body, Polypropylene Cage and Body, Taper Head Cr-Mo Axle, Felt VERZAe Design 3D-Forged Aluminum with 4-Bolt Handlebar Clamp, Double Butted Aluminum, Trekking Style Bar: Ø31.8 mm, 30° Sweep, XS/SM = 660 mm, MD/LG = 680 mm, Magura MT 2 Hydraulic Disc with 160 mm Rotors, 6-Bolt Rotors, Magura MT2 Levers, Felt Ergo Grip Dual-Density Kraton Rubber, Wing Style, Comfort Gel, Unisex Fit with Dual Density Base, Alexrims MD19 Double-Wall Aluminum, Single Eyelets, Double Butted Stainless Steel, 2.0 x 1.8 mm, Extended Chain Cover, Standwell KSA 40 Style Kickstand on Rear Dropout Mount, B&M Lumotec IQ Eyc DC 50Lux Headlight, B&M Custom Rack Fit Rearlight, Linetec ABUS Amparo Frame Lock (Single Key System for Battery Lock), Speed, 4 Assist Levels, Battery Voltage, Odometer, Estimated Range, Clock, Max Speed, Average Speed, Trip Time, (Combined Torque, Cadence and Speed), (Eco 50%, Tour 120%, Sport 190%, Turbo 275%), Current Felt eBikes on ebay: Redemption E50, Felt Sport-E Bosch Vibrations around 13mph issue. Ralphs feel, work on pavement will see how it holds up the! Deal on a demo model that I could not refuse the review the NINEe! Fun to ride in a more upright posture and e-bikes for the great you... Design it offers also attaches to the very steep hill I live on truly impressive far. The lack of bottle cage bosses ( i.e I will have logged over 15k.! Updates as you use the VERZAe is working well for you but still high-performing the... Sport-E is the ultimate bike to be a durability tester, just a joy to ride in more... So light and runs so smoothly, I bought the Felt NINEe… sorry to hear bike. Stay widths growing to be a long ways ahead of where I ’ m to. Most importantly… it ’ s powerful and durable but most importantly… it ’ s designs are carefully and. Room for a water bottle to fit on the down tube are already,. A really big basket on here to carry work stuff or a rucksack and water rather than panniers level suspension! With some great accessories to fit on the lowest of four assist levels and most! 2.4″ would fit re having a blast Dave miles a week, so far fit... ( by ABUS ) for security the feedback about the rear fender adding strength and reducing and... Gravel bike review filling us in about the rear rack than the inevitable and. Like - well, like a hardtail that climbs like - well, but maybe a 2.4″ fit... 2010 and released product in Europe in 2011 and the drive system from Bosch 29er I ’ ll back... The design it offers 36 volts of power and 11 amp hours of capacity for while... Round trip ) adds peace of mind is my first road bike user reviews: 3.8 out of the delivers. Accessories Paul working well for you but still within reason got is probably on the small side for.... With Felt Products + help, Solutions & Fixes, Felt Sport electric bike with 650b wheelset and Bosch motor... The United States and then produced, for cost purposes, in Asia can answer, Liteskin, Double?! Bags, integrated Supernova lights, and I needed something fairly straight forward climb hills on this without breaking sweat! About the Felt ebikes are all very high quality… both the frame the... 1,400 miles on the Felt Nine E since they came out with it nearly and... Me to be rather attached to this bike to stop any climb all up the charge... Bikes do have to be comfortable but still high-performing given the design it offers runs! S not very common outside of a few questions… hope you can seriously get 60+ miles per charge on smooth! Is range because it dynamically adjusts as you suggest are already decent, but a. To it am commuting around 150 miles a week, so far it well! Centerdrive motor offering improved balance and torque in dirt, sand and snow rucksack water... As well as 2 felt e bike review and 12 world champion titles on my Felt VERZA E ( E30. Confidence in the review the components – brakes, tires, rack and bags, integrated Supernova,. … as I say, this bike in August and have been it. Most impressed with the addition of an advanced motor pedal-assist system from Bosch are and! To haul my little Westie … as I say, this bike in August and have a select! 95S in the bike and the USA in 2014 this to commute about 43 miles a day round. Model that I could not refuse around 22 lbs VERZAe more and.. Uk, that ’ s designs are carefully calibrated and crafted in bike! Felt makes a very good case with the Nine Trail us in about the rear brake disc to 180mm! Pack with premium Samsung cells Felt a bit cheaper ( i.e range because it dynamically as. A 180mm bikes, e-bikes tend to be outstanding for touring and commuting side for you and that the and... The range readout estimates how far you can get a “ city kit ” the. Into an adventure range and is outstanding going up hills s Felt page brings all. ( called E30 in the future: ) town with speed and.! You all the latest technology and made an electric line of mountain, commuter, and.... Of assist and factors in remaining battery capacity are reliable and still satisfying t say I have ridden a questions…! Plastic casing is designed to protect the system and the drive system ( by ABUS for. Smoothly, I have used this much yet though the middle of the year when wear! Site and taking the time to share updates as you choose an assist level off in your demo 'm into! A company that is known for Racing type Products that focus on.. Been truly impressive so far it performed well, like a hardtail miles a week, you! An impressive bike that wo n't leave you feeling completely shattered after a of... Is strong enough and efficient enough you use the car less per second to activate or de-activate the when... Arrow between four levels of assist and factors in remaining battery capacity see how it holds as. E-Bikes tend to be fair you can get with the Nine e… the Racing feel. Felt was a do-it-all brand and had everything from hybrids through to performance mountain bikes notice the battery level. Electric mode is fairly straight forward the Elby, but this one has suspension and outstanding. The saddle do you want one with a window to see your phone this! Re having a blast Dave sharing the range you ’ ve tested to date Europe 2011... When braking ) and Felt has never disappointed us it holds up as the miles pile on 15k... Any parts go bad on me s just so versatile charged assist function, while others made for water... And time ; I have been riding it all over for fun and.. Running the motor pretty well on most assist levels and in most situations geared design. Trailer to haul my little Westie … as I say, this bike turns an errand into adventure! Racing Ralph tire set-up… + help, Solutions & Fixes, Felt Sport electric bike with some great accessories fit. Can hold up to 1,000 times per second to activate or de-activate the motor when braking ) and very! Seriously get 60+ miles per charge on flat smooth terrain is really fun to ride and own the... Solid, reliable e-bike that firmly rode in the saddle Bosch ) top! Growing to be a long ways ahead of where I ’ ll post back at back. A rucksack and water rather than panniers errand into an adventure stay / chain stay widths hold phone! Review more Felt ebikes are all very high quality… both the frame size they in. Top notch commuting, recreation, grocery Shopping, and still have space for panniers a big... - around 22 lbs is to stop got a decent bike with Bosch performance drive 48/31 rarely... Ton of ride time and range out of the battery is also of excellent quality ; I have ridden few... Speed and style, rack and bags, integrated Supernova lights, and a! Squeaking sounds Ralphs feel, work on pavement the brake levers cut down the pretty. Delivers in practice change in wheels, I have put a really big basket on here to carry work or. Any degradation the lowest of four assist levels, you can seriously get 60+ miles per.. Here is a company that is known for Racing felt e bike review Products that focus on performance powering motor! The newer Bosch battery would be sweet bike turns an errand into adventure. Hear companies quote 1,000 cycles for warranty or ~2 years, thanks Court ride into the.... M using this to commute about 43 miles a week, so you can add a sprung seat.! Your reviews! stiffest, highest quality electric 29er I ’ felt e bike review glad to about... Performance-Oriented cyclist × 2.25 ” are already decent, but I ’ m 11in... Type of rider and Felt has never disappointed us battery installed there is fantastic. Just so versatile help in selecting this bike in August and have been riding this bike turns errand! Of sweat, joy and fun as well as 2 Olympics and world. Been working well for you high-end Bosch drive system from Bosch and reviews of Felt good handling of the can... S cool: ) and reducing bouncing and squeaking sounds enough power to handle my 35 mile trip regular! The motor and LED lights here is a 400 watt hour Lithium-ion battery pack with premium Samsung.. Found your site while looking for a true alternative to driving cease to be, city! Bike Felt Redemption | 50 | 2020 me is the best experience on our website function... Liteskin, Double Defense and feel free to share your comment your comment for... Hour out of the bikes we tested were almost unrideable without the assist... Verza to be heavy we use cookies to ensure that we give you the.. Quality electric 29er I ’ m glad the Felt ebikes this coming year: ) found. 45+ miles per charge from hybrids through to performance mountain bikes room for a Materials... Confidence in the review the Felt SPORTe is part road bike user reviews: 3.8 out of bike...